Register

Welcome to TurboAPPS!

Turbo Review stalls when converting
Read 2522 times
* November 26, 2013, 03:04:28 PM
Hi,

So I purchased TurboReview thinking it would be a great app to use on my iPAd allowing me to work with my cad files created in TurboCAD Pro 20 - wrong!!

I email a .tcw file to myself and then try to open it in TurboReview - it always asks if I want to convert. Why do I need to convert - its in .tcw format Shouldn't this just be compatible? Anyway, say yes to convert - it starts and then usually freezes at 22% - once it made it to 44%. Then it just gives me an error message.

The file is 3.43 MB which I understood was supposed to be an acceptable size. SO what am I doing wrong? Or where is the problem? So far, just a frustration and a waste of money!

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Deborah

* November 27, 2013, 09:05:34 AM
DDFdesign,

Could you please post the TurboCAD drawing file for review.

~monizuka

* February 05, 2014, 02:53:27 PM
Hi Monizuka,

Thank you for responding and my apologies for not responding sooner. Just too many things and this got pushed to the back. I would however really like to have this app work. That is after all the point of purchasing it!

I have attached the drawing for your review. I look forward to hearing from you and resolving this.

THE ABOVE DID NOT WORK . . . . .

Tried sending, received this message  - Your file is too large. The maximum attachment size allowed is 192 KB. Following is from Support Q&A

Question:  How large a file can I open in TurboViewer and Pro?

Answer:  The size of drawing file that can be opened depends on the hardware devices available system RAM.  This amount of System RAM should not be confused with the amount of storage space on the device.  The iPad 1 and iPhone 4 for example have 256mb of system RAM and the iPad 2 has twice the memory at 512mb.  So in general the iPad 2 can open files in the 10-15mb range and the iPad 2 around 5-8mb.

I have an iPad Air 32GB so the size should not be a problem - however it seems I cannot send to you.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Deborah

* February 18, 2014, 06:04:07 AM
DDFdesign,

Please send the drawing file to Monizuka@imsidesign.com

Thank you
~monizuka

* February 18, 2014, 10:17:21 AM

Deborah,

Can you successfully convert and open other .TCW files in TurboReview?  Is it just this particular file or all .TCW files?  Have you tried Saving As .DWG in TurboCAD to see if that helps solve the problem?

Regards,
Doug